Keep Your Midsummer Nights Chill
Summer Solstice, the official start of summer, was just a few days ago. I celebrated by attending a rooftop yoga class sponsored by Athleta and some partners such as Unplug Meditation. Immediately after the class, I made my first floral crown (so fun) and savored some beautiful views of downtown Los Angeles. I also enjoyed the company of many amazing women of all sizes and shapes, gathered to share community while having a little fun.
At home, I created a special diffuser blend which I designed in order to simulate the beach. I combined 4 drops of Young Living's Stress Away™, which contains relaxing oils like Lavender and Copaiba with Lime and Vanilla. I added 2 drops of Citrus Fresh™ to my diffuser. The Citrus Fresh™blend contains many of my favorite citrus oils: Orange, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Lemon, and Mandarin with a hint of Spearmint. Adding Citrus Fresh™ gives my diffuser the uplifting feeling of summer and reminds me of relaxing days the shore.
Next up with July 4th and summer vacations in the not so distant future is to choose the select group of oils that belong in this year's travel bag. Fortunately, most of the oils are small enough that TSA has never questioned their presence. It also is a good time to purchase one of the starter kits which contains the smaller 5M bottles.
For me, this year's summer oil musts are:
- Thieves (this is available in both a spray which can be used as a hand sanitizer, as well as in bottle). I make sure to have easy access to both while on the plane.
- DiGize Vitality blends Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Fennel, Lemongrass, Anise, and Patchouli essential oils for a fresh-tasting blend–a perfect follow-up to any meal again avoiding any unexpected discomfort after tying new foods. Also, Essentialzyes-4 contains many similar oils and is a dietary supplement which comes in dual dose capsule blister packs (easy addition to any travel kit).
- Tea Tree for cuts, bites ...the oils of protection/boundary. Similar benefits can also be found by using Kunzea, one of Young Living's newest products. Unlike Tea Tree, which is more neutral, Kunzea has a pleasant woodsy aroma and is also suitable for diffusing.
- Citronella as a all natural insect repellant
- Peppermint is also nice to have as it is uplifting when fatigued from a workout or travel, and can providing a cooling sensation when applied to tired muscles after a long walk or trip the gym. It can also be added to bath water creating a revitalizing steam.
One thing I've found is you can forget a lot of things and replace them while you're on the road, but you can't easily find quality Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils like the products Young Living provides while traveling. I order monthly, so hit me up if you'd like me to add something for you to this month's order or if you need help in setting up an account of your own. Please list my number 2867034 as your enroller and sponsor when ordering. Make time this summer to relax and enjoy yourself